What is New in Cancer Treatment and Diagnostics in Dogs & Cats?
Every year Dr Sue attends state of the art veterinary conferences to get the latest scientific research and learn about leading-edge scientific research in tests and treatments for dogs and cats with cancer. In this vlog, Dr Sue shares some of the highlights from the annual ACVIM Forum – this is what is cutting-edge in the world of cancer in pets.
In this vlog Dr Sue shares updates on
🐶 Dog lymphoma, chemotherapy and prednisone (steroids)
🐕 Dog mast cell tumors, c-kit mutation testing and the chemotherapy drug Palladia
💉New research on a new drug called tigilanol tiglate – it is injected INTO dog mast cell tumors and is pending FDA approval for use in dogs
👉🏼 Biopsy 2nd opinions and why you need to be requesting them as a veterinarian and as a pet owner. And which tumor sites are most troublesome.
👨⚕️How home-cooked diet can be so important in dogs with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and help get them off medications!! This non-cancer highlight is from her veterinary internist hubby Dr Kerry Heuter
🤩 Plus meet celebrity super pup, Stella the Puppy Monster. She is Instagram-famous and adorable
✔️Here are some helpful links
Looking for a specialist (cancer specialist or internist):
Here’s the link for a Veterinary Nutritionist:
Qbiotics and Tigilanol tiglate:
For more information on ACVIM and the Forum:
- DVM 360 | Urine luck: A new test for canine bladder...August 2, 2019
- Podcast Appearance: Purrpodcast Live with Dr. Sue - 2 partsJune 13, 2019
- DVM360: Take the offensive with patients fighting cancer...June 13, 2019
- DVM 360 | Urine luck: A new test for canine bladder...
- Top 10 Warning Signs of Cancer in Dogs and Cats Part...August 2, 2019
- Top 10 Warning Signs of Cancer in Dogs and Cats: Vlog...August 2, 2019
- Veterinary Advice on Steroids and Cancer Part 2 - VLOG...July 19, 2019
- Top 10 Warning Signs of Cancer in Dogs and Cats Part...
See something, do something.Learn more about Dr Sue's early cancer detection program at WhyWaitAspirate.com
Dr Sue’s Radio ShowOn The Pet Cancer Vet Dr Sue Ettinger takes pre-arranged calls from pet owners with a dog or cat with cancer to give information, support and hope. Click here to listen on The Radio Pet Lady Network.